Work Mode: Hybrid
Location: Kohler, WI
The role is responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques. Integrating and preparing large, varied datasets, architecting specialized database and computing environments and communicating results. Work closely with the business stake holders, data stewards, project/program managers, and other IT teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound organizational decisions by providing data that is congruent and reliable. Creative thinking and propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available.
1. Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models. Conducts advanced data
analysis and complex designs algorithm.
2. Works with business stakeholders to identify the business requirements and expected
3. Works with and alongside business analysts by suggesting other products of interest to
4. Models and frames business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical
business processes and/or decisions.
5. Identifies what data is available and relevant, including internal and external data sources.
6. Works with IT teams to support data collection, integration, and retention requirements
based on the input collected with the business.
7. Solves analytics problems and communicates results and methodologies.
8. Works in iterative processes with the client and validates findings. Develops experimental
design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
9. Validates analysis by comparing appropriate samples.
10. Employs the appropriate algorithm to discover patterns.
11. Identifies and analyzes patterns in the volume of data supporting the initiative, the type of
data and the speed or sudden variations in data collection.
12. Collaborates with the data steward to ensure that the information used follows the
compliance, access management, and control policies and that it meets the qualification
and assurance requirements of the business.
13. Partners with the data stewards to define the data quality expectation in the context of the
specific use case.
14. Recommends ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms that lead to findings,
including new information.
15. Presents and depicts the rationale of their findings in easy to understand terms for the
16. Educates the organization both from IT and the business perspectives on new
approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results. Helps the
organization understand the principles and the math behind the process to drive
17. Provides business metrics for the overall project to show improvements (contribution to
the improvement should be monitored initially and over multiple iterations).
1. Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science or related field.
Master’s degree preferred.
2. 5-6 years of relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
3. Solid knowledge of statistical techniques.
4. Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks,
Java), and statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
5. Experience using machine learning algorithms.
6. Proficiency in the use of statistical packages, statistical analysis, quantitative analytics,
forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
7. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Knowledge of one or more business/functional areas.
9. Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
We will consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this opportunity.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.`s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact [email protected] Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.Get the book
Kohler looks for a Data Scientist in Kohler, WI 53044 location.
The proposed salary for Data Scientist Jobs position at Kohler is Not disclosed.
According to the common industry standard, Data Scientist Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
To be disscussed with candidate
...ow you`ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities) The Senior Data Engineer will play a leading role on the Enterprise Data Services team, responsible for transforming data from dispara...
...EP) brings stories, characters and franchises to life through Parks & Resorts, toys, apps, apparel, books, and stores. As Walt said, “You can dream, create, and design the most wonderful pla...
...ition Number: 50624
Corning’s summer internship experience is rich with hands-on learning. You’ll live, work, and experience the communities in which Corning operates, w...