Research Data Analyst Associate
$ Not disclosed
- The Northwestern Neighborhood & Network Initiative (N3) is looking for a post baccalaureate level Research Data Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. N3 promotes new ways for faculty, experts, and students at Northwestern University’s Institute for Policy Research to engage communities, civic partners, and policymakers to address core problems facing the residents of Chicago and surrounding communities. Specific projects and types of engagement will be linked by a focus on how the social relationships among networks, geographic communities, and the constellation of groups, organizations, and civic partners affect what we feel, think, and do—and how understanding, building, and leveraging this sort of network-thinking can improve neighborhoods, the city, and our region.
- Core responsibilities include:
- Running basic statistical analyses including visualizations and regressions analyses.
- Cleaning survey or administrative datasets in R or Python and preparing them for analysis.
- Preparing memos, tables and figures with empirical results for publications and presentations (academic and non-academic) under supervision/mentorship of experienced researchers.
- Supporting data quality and analysis checks for ongoing studies, including support for data manager.
- Assist with qualitative/mixed methods as needed, such as note-taking in telephone/in-person interviews and field observations.
- Support miscellaneous team and staff tasks at N3 meetings and events.
- This position utilizes multiple quantitative and qualitative datasets from a variety of sources and interprets results using various techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining. Assists in the design, development and implementation of business solutions partnering with clients to identify analytical requirements. Compiles reports, charts, and tables based on established statistical methods.
- This position will be an integral member of the N3 core team, working across N3’s diverse portfolio of current and emerging projects. The person in this role will join N3’s small and highly productive data team and interact regularly with project managers, N3 leadership, undergraduate and graduate students, and community and government partners. This role is well suited to candidates interested in pursuing graduate study in the future.
- The Data Analyst will be a full-time employee of Northwestern University with full benefits. This position is remote until further notice; all N3 work is currently being performed virtually. Upon returning to in-person research activity, the Data Analyst will work alongside other N3 staff in our office space on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University.
- A guiding principle of N3 is the hiring, training, teaching, and development of a diverse set of scholars and scientists; thus we strongly encourage and welcome applications from members of groups who are traditionally underrepresented in the research field.
- Partners with clients to define requirements based on business objectives.
- Develop standardized templates, policies, and procedures for internal and external reporting.
- Designs and prepares documentation for qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Completes a variety of statistical analyses using appropriate data and software
- Merges data from multiple sources in preparation for analysis.
- Interprets results of analyses for use in reports and presentations
- Completes data cleaning and organizes data files for analysis.
- Reviews data and Identifies quality issues
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor`s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Please see information highlighted in tables below.
- Code Repositories (Git, Subversion)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook)
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Critical thinking
- Data mining
- Data modeling
- Problem solving
- Code documentation
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Facilitate collaboration
- Iterative & Incremental development
- Organizational skills
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Expertise working with datasets (creating, organizing, managing), creating codebooks, and with some statistical techniques (such as regression, factor analysis).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, work in teams.
- Coursework on spatial statistics or network analysis preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills (coursework in econometrics and/or statistics) and knowledge of social scientific theories.
- Working knowledge of R or Python (Please specify level of knowledge in application).
- Major in Social Science, Sociology, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, or related major.
- Coursework on quasi-experimental methods for observational data.
- Coursework on spatial statistics, network analysis, and/or computational social science preferred.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Expertise with broader range of statistical techniques, e.g. structural equation modeling, latent class analysis
Get the book
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.
Northwestern University looks for a Research Data Analyst Associate in Evanston, IL 60208 location.
How much Data Analyst Jobs professional earns at Northwestern University?
The proposed salary for Data Analyst Jobs position at Northwestern University is Not disclosed.
Research Data Analyst Associate responsibilities at Northwestern University
According to the common industry standard, Data Analyst Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Analyst Jobs qualifications at Northwestern University
To be disscussed with candidate