When it comes to using cutting-edge machine learning to tackle complex problems, Lockheed Martin is driven by a singular mission focus and desire to continuously innovate. Today’s challenges to global security aren’t just changing – they’re accelerating faster than ever before. Through our dedication to our mission, our AI-enabled systems are changing the way we design, manufacture and sustain our products.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LM MFC) is seeking an AI Engineer intern for an exciting position to be based in Orlando, FL that will support the Digital Transformation (DX) initiatives within our Quality Operations and Advanced Quality Technologies (AQT) team.
This role will require knowledge and/or coursework in topics such as software engineering, artificial intelligence, machine learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to support the Advanced Quality and Digital Transformation project portfolio, focusing on a broad range of projects across the Digital Transformation.
The selected candidate will focus on assisting with the development of technologies and products that leverage Artificial Intelligence to provide discriminating capability to our customers. The selected candidate can expect to utilize current AI paradigms including computer vision, deep learning, and reinforcement learning, applying these techniques to help solve complex problems and field innovative solutions.
Must exhibit self-motivation, a strong work ethic, time management and interpersonal skills.
Must be a US Citizen.
- Coursework in Engineering, Computer Science from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience using machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.)
- Experience with Python and multiple libraries (NumPy, OpenCV, Scikit, Pandas, etc.)
- Experience with C++, Java, GO, and other compiled languages
- Familiarity with DevOps tools: Docker, Git [GitLab, GitHub], Continuous Integration [CI], Continuous Deployment [CD]
- Familiarity with modern Computer Vision
- Familiarity with high-performance computing
- Familiarity with network/messaging (UDP, ZeroMQ, RESTful API, etc.)
- Familiarity interfacing with databases (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Get the book