Works collaboratively within a multi-functional team of clinicians, data analysts, faculty and scientists to solve clinically relevant problems related to optimizing patient care and outcomes. Leverages knowledge of statistics, machine learning and programming to solve computational and analytic challenges.
- Utilize creative and innovative thinking with a focus on novel approaches to solve computational and analytic challenges related to health outcomes.
- Applies knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to clinically relevant problems to improve health outcomes and healthcare operations.
- Works collaboratively and contributes intellectually to a team of physicians, mathematicians, and programmers working to apply complex analytic methods to clinically relevant problems related to optimizing patient care.
- Uses software such as Python, R, SQL, Hadoop and others to code deep learning / computational intelligence applications.
- Participate in model validation and verification efforts for models built by other Data Scientists.
- Produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
- Draft and review manuscripts for high impact publications, as required.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Relevant experience may be a combination of related work experience and degree obtained (PhD = 4 years).
Master`s Degree-Related Field of Study (Required)
Minimum of 6 years-Relevant experience* (Required)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
GET THE BOOK