At AutoZone, we rely on insightful data to power our systems and solutions. We’re seeking an experienced data scientist to deliver that insight to us on a daily basis. Our ideal team member will have the mathematical and statistical expertise you’d expect, but a natural curiosity and creative mind that’s not so easy to find. As you mine, interpret, and clean our data, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of realizing the data’s full potential.
Objectives of this Role
- Collaborate with senior data scientists and management to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Keep current with technical and industry developments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assist in translating complex datasets into strategic insights for the business and to communicate to non-technical audiences, visualize results, and create understandings and solution buy-in
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
Skills and Qualifications
- To be successful in this position, a solid statistical skill set is required like multiple linear regression, multivariate adaptive regression spline, cluster analysis, time series modeling, etc. A strong data skill set is also needed- like SQL programming and SAS data step programming to get the data prepared for analysis and modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, applied Mathematics, Economics or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in data science
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, SAS, and experience with other programming languages (i.e., R, Python,)
GET THE BOOK
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
AutoZone looks for a Data Scientist in Memphis, TN 38103 location.
How much Data Scientist Jobs professional earns at AutoZone?
The proposed salary for Data Scientist Jobs position at AutoZone is Not disclosed.
Data Scientist responsibilities at AutoZone
According to the common industry standard, Data Scientist Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Scientist Jobs qualifications at AutoZone
To be disscussed with candidate