Sr Data Scientist
As part of the Data team, the Sr Data Scientist will work directly with key stakeholders to understand business needs and identify opportunities for growth and optimization of existing processes. In partnership with data analysts, data engineers, data architect and other data and technology specialists, you will leverage your data and analytical skills to provide better visibility into key business drivers, develop insights, statistical models and ML algorithms to enable effective, data-driven decisions across the company. The work is executed through projects prioritized by business leaders, so a candidate can expect a working model of going deep on a specific use case and seeing it from inception to delivering business value.
We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated, agile team-player who is passionate about solving complex business problems and is excited to take on new challenges.
- Identify, design and develop data solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements
- Utilize first- and third-party data sources to enrich understanding of drivers of growth, efficiency and customer loyalty
- Contextualize the research and synthesize raw data into actionable insights
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to develop and operationalize data models and ML-based data products
- Identify required data sources, assess data quality, completeness and provide detailed specification to development teams to enable feature engineering for model development.
- Acquire, cleanse, validate and integrate data from a variety of sources for the purposes of discovery and model development
- Conduct statistical analyses, including forecasting, regression modeling, etc. to inform business decision making
- Analyze data sources for data quality, relevance and consistency and work with the Data Governance team to ensure quality and integrity of statistical models and ML-based deployments
- Troubleshoot complex process and data quality issues and manage through to resolution
- Diagnose existing data capture gaps, source data inconsistencies and make improvement recommendations
- Communicate effectively to technical and non-technical teams about model drivers, outputs and key recommendations
- Provide proactive insights and data-driven recommendations across business areas
Master’s degree in one of the following:
- Computer Science or Data Science
- Applied Math
- Management Information Systems
- Statistics or Advanced Analytics
- Other related fields
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Data Science, ML Science or Engineering, Applied Statistics or Advanced Analytics roles
- Comfort working with large datasets, structured and unstructured data, data cleansing and feature engineering techniques
- Expert in SQL
- Expert in Python or R coding language
- Experience with cloud data analytical environments and data science platforms, such as Microsoft Azure ML, ML Ops, DataBricks, Amazon Sagemaker or others
- Proficiency with data mining, statistical analysis and ML/AI techniques
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Advanced data visualization skills and proficiency with Tableau, PowerBI, D3 or other data visualization tools
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, data modeling and data integration best practices
- Experience with agile development, working as part of a cross-functional team
- Hands-on experience developing and operationalizing ML models
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Collaborative can-do attitude and ability to work cross-functionally
- Familiarity with Insurance industry is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $92,000.00 - $172,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
National Life requires all new hires to record their vaccination status and, if applicable, submit acceptable proof of vaccination, within 3 business days of their start date.
Work Location: One location
GET THE BOOK
National Life Group looks for a Sr Data Scientist in Montpelier, VT 05602 location.
How much Data Scientist Jobs professional earns at National Life Group?
The proposed salary for Data Scientist Jobs position at National Life Group is $92,000 - $172,000 a year.
Sr Data Scientist responsibilities at National Life Group
According to the common industry standard, Data Scientist Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Scientist Jobs qualifications at National Life Group
To be disscussed with candidate