Data Reporting Analyst
SEE how you can make a difference! Be part of an innovative company that cares about its associates and helps members enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision. Versant Health provides vision care to 39 million members nationwide! To ensure your continued success we provide opportunities for advancement and development.
Our associates remain engaged through a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursements, 401(k) with company match, pet insurance and FREE vision insurance for you and your family.
Scope and Purpose of Position:
The Data Reporting Analyst sources, compiles, interprets and reconciles key business operational, financial, and statistical data; and generates a variety of value-added reports for internal customers, external clients, and senior-level executives. The reporting analyst works with departmental leadership to adhere to overall business process, approach, and discipline of reporting and analysis within the business unit. The reporting analyst will bring key insights into the performance of our business and the behavior of our clients.
- Ensure the timely and accurate generation of all corporate internal/external reporting, promote consistency and standardization amongst the various types of reports and databases, and manage the various reporting tools utilized by the team.
- Develop and reconcile complex reports to multiple data sources to validate reporting accuracy and completeness
- Analyze, interpret, and report financial and operational performance trends from various channels, identifying areas performing outside of expected results (i.e. missed PGs)
- Develop efficiencies to consolidate and increase the effectiveness of reporting, and maintain departmental reports used internally and externally
- Participate in the development of data warehouse, data stores, and other supplemental reporting enhancements, including the creation of new reporting templates and analytical reports
- Reconcile outbound data files against supporting detail (i.e., billing invoice data) Develop and submit (with management approval) Programming Request Forms
- Maintain the scheduled reporting database and applicable documentation of reporting procedures
- Triage (on a rotating basis), assign and fulfill queued requests
- Meet all time sensitive reporting dates
- Perform ad hoc duties in accordance with business needs
Education & Experience
- Preferred Bachelor`s degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- One to three (3) years of related experience
- Experience in gathering requirements, identifying appropriate metrics to determine feature success, and mapping an individual feature and a set of features to KPIs in a client facing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including extensive experience with Excel, Access and/or other data analysis reporting tools
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance, health, or vision care industry preferred
- Experience in defining, developing, and testing reports using SQL, Power BI, Business Objects, Crystal Reports or similar query language is preferred
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
We take pride in our recruiting process and follow a merit-based employee recruitment practice with extensive screening steps. We will never request money from candidates who seek employment with us and will never ask for any payment as part of the recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, marital status, or any and all other categories protected by under applicable Federal, state or local law.
This policy extends to all associates and to all aspects of the employment relationship. Any associate who violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
GET THE BOOK