Business Data Analyst (Remote)
Work. Serve. Thrive.
Imagine a place where your talent can make a meaningful difference in peoples` lives. Working at Feeding America is a uniquely rewarding experience in which our employees work together as vital parts of a much larger mission. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results.
Feeding America is the nation’s second largest charity and the leading domestic hunger-relief charity in the United States. Our mission is to feed America`s hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger. Learn more about Feeding America here.*
The Business Data Analyst will work directly with Account Managers, Supply Chain and donors to create donor specific reports and identify donation opportunities through multi-layered program evaluation. Provide robust program analytics to identify disconnections, additional growth opportunities, and capacity building programs to assist members, donors and FANO stakeholders. This is a fully remote position.
Salary Range: $57,000 to $72,000+ Based on Experience
- Supports the continued growth of key Supply Chain donor partners through program analytics, report generation and trend analysis. Identifies and provides solutions for donor and food bank program disconnects.
- Works directly with key donors to troubleshoot service level issues and provide daily support to food banks.
- Develops and manages communications on program performance to key donors on monthly basis (including store / warehouse level program reporting, key exceptions, areas for intervention, customized reports, etc.).
- Supports the continued development and refinement of Supply Chain program strategy and key metrics through data management and analysis. Strategy to focus on: a) identifying areas of program underperformance, b) identifying major opportunities for new growth, and c) creating insight as to how to capture incremental value from both scenarios.
- Generates quarterly updates for senior level audiences (both internal and external) on performance of programs. Collaborate with others to identify key metrics and assists with annual target setting.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure data reporting is standardized across the network; recommends and implements improvements in reporting/tracking process or tools.
- Summarizes pound/metrics performance data to help drive action.
- Support team in strategic analysis, especially as it relates to data queries and synthesis of information to form conclusions and drive action.
- Drive change with thought leadership around information flow, systems, and related process improvements.
- Lead process mapping sessions and develop process documentation and SOPs as needed.
- Support technology organizational vision to optimize data analysis and reporting capabilities. Perform QA/UAT validations as part of NetSuite Change Management process.
- Proficient in performing Data Quality analysis while paying attention to details.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in working with large dataset and producing reports for different audiences.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into simple, clear, and actionable reports.
- Strong team player interested in collaborating with multiple stakeholders to produce the best results.
- High attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, deadlines, and high-volume, meticulous work within a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel including pivot tables, formula creation, and charts.
- Proficiency in data visualization using Tableau Desktop/Server – ability to create concise and comprehensive dashboards that can be published to Tableau Server.
- Experience in inventory management systems a plus.
- Prior experience with NetSuite, Tableau, and PowerBI a plus.
- Mission Focused: Demonstrates a commitment to Feeding America’s mission through work and action. Is committed to people keep people facing hunger at the center of our work and strives to translate this commitment into action on a daily basis. Willing to advocate for people facing hunger and serve as an ambassador for Feeding America inside and outside of work.
- Embraces Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Demonstrates a personal commitment to valuing different background and life experiences through word and action. Takes personal actions to build an inclusive culture that ensures everyone can fully contribute based on their unique talents, skills and perspectives and feels welcomed and valued. Commits to driving equitable solutions to address root cause issues by incorporating an equity framework in their daily work. Committed to continuous personal EDI development.
Required Leadership Competencies:
- Continuously Improves: Uses information from external benchmarking to create ideas for improvement. Learns from successes, challenges, and failures, using each as an opportunity to continually improve. Volunteers as an early adopter for implementing and using innovations.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally: Takes a positive, collaborative approach within own team and with other colleagues. Supports others’ efforts, putting aside own interests to do so. Resolves issues by approaching those involved directly in a non-judgmental, non-emotional manner.
- Understands our Business: Demonstrates an understanding of own role and department as part of a not-for-profit services organization. Develops knowledge of key stakeholders external to the department and how to partner with them.
- Operates with Integrity: Does what is right, rather than what is expedient. Anchors actions and decisions in our mission. Demonstrates courage by being honest, direct, and tactful, even when it is tough to do so. Supports organization/department decisions in words and actions. Takes ownership for mistakes and corrects them.
- Communicates Effectively: Organizes thoughts and provides clear verbal and written messages to individuals and small groups. Communicates with colleagues and manager(s) to provide information, resolve issues, and promote ideas and proposals. Listens carefully and asks questions to build understanding.
Feeding America recognizes and values diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain, and promote a talented diverse workforce where all employees feel a sense of belonging and contribute to a culture that values differences, ideas, and experiences. We intentionally seek out diverse perspectives and skills on our teams, knowing that it makes us stronger as an organization and better equipped to serve our neighbors in need. We encourage individuals from historically under-represented communities and individuals with lived experience of hunger to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $57,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year
GET THE BOOK