National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing, Merchandising, Quality Assurance and more), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Assists the Buying Department in analyzing and documenting Business requirements for processes and systems.
- Trains other employees where appropriate.
- Provides technical or specialist subject matter support to the National Buying Department.
- Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
- Analyses category, supplier and product performance.
- Organizes and analyses complex data sets across product categories.
- Extracts and interprets data patterns in order to translate findings into actionable outcomes.
- Triangulates data to validate and support Value Chain project activities.
- Utilizes data visualization tools to effectively communicate business insights.
- Designs and implements tools to support strategic value chain optimization initiatives.
- Manages the efficient and accurate flow of information, with internal/external parties ensuring an ongoing understanding of current issues, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
- Prepares and submits reports and forecasts as requested by the Manager Value Chain Optimization.
- Supports project leads with ad hoc reporting.
- Provides ongoing reporting of metrics to track benefits.
- Presents tools, insights and proposals to all business levels including senior leadership.
- Ensures all projects within the area of responsibility are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Manager Value Chain Optimization.
- Maintains an efficient and well-organized filing system to ensure that all documentation in their area of responsibility is archived properly and ensures its disposal at the end of the archive period.
- Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
- Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
- Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
- Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
- Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
- Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understanding of grocery value chain and operations.
- Thinks critically and analytically.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor`s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Economics, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Math or a related field required.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Business Analysis, Analytics, Category Management/Buying, Supply Chain Management or Management Consulting required.
- Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or other related data analysis and visualization tool required.
- Experience organizing, manipulating, and analyzing complex data sets using SQL or Alteryx required.
- Experience in understanding of should-cost modeling, category management, buying processes and/or vendor management preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
- Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
- Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
- Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- International & Domestic travel required.
- Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
GET THE BOOK
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI`s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.