Field Engineer / Data Collection
$ Not disclosed
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network, employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars. In April of 2019, AFL made a major investment in ITC Service Group, a Sacramento-based company providing broadband installation, design and staffing services to the telecommunications and IT industries. ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services and workforce solutions for the nationwide planning design, construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video networks. AFL and ITC were built and are operated on similar core values and philosophies. This will prove extremely beneficial to our customers and our employees. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking individuals in San Jose, CA to collect field data for a project currently underway. Field Engineers are responsible for aerial and underground data collection while validating a viable cost-effective path for engineering. Decision making will take into consideration value engineering and the impact on construction, installation and future maintenance. Field Engineers must possess a comprehensive understanding of telecommunications design and the ability to support engineering.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Collect relevant Pole Information and accurately document existing measurements and placement.
- Determine ideal locations for new above ground facilities and equipment.
- Conduct Underground/Buried Cable layout surveys.
- Develop accurate fiber/optical network construction surveys.
- Conduct new substructure site surveys and site walks.
- Determine existing and new locations for fiber optic cables.
- Inspect the work of construction contractors.
- Accurately depict new construction route opportunities.
- Assure that personal vehicle is maintained to company safety standards.
- Take pictures of job sites, pole conditions and other relevant structures or landmarks.
- Make hand drawn sketches of recommended engineering design while in the field or facility.
- Upload clear images files, hand notes, and sketches and edit for quality and cohesiveness.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate travel in personal vehicle.
- Computer and printer with scanning capabilities.
- Ability to upload/download and edit documents in Project Management software.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps. Ability to quickly learn new systems and databases.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to follow direction in maintaining all Field Safety standards.
- Superior customer service.
- GRIT (guts, reliability, innovation and teamwork).
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Get the book
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience in either the engineering, construction, architecture, or telecommunications industries is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications engineering standards.
- Capable of identifying issues in the field that would have a potential to impact network design.
- Able to collect necessary data from the field for determining a design including all necessary OSP features.
- Fiber networking and cable routing.
- Knowledgeable in GO 95, GO 128 and/or NESC requirements.
- Experience with interpreting cable or substructure designs.
- Knowledge and experience with telecommunications construction techniques
- Able to identify and suggest all types of construction methods within ROW, identify assumed public ROW, visually identify existing utilities.
- Fiber construction operations/management/provisioning experience.
- Basic Knowledge of Make-Ready Construction
- Able to identify potential cable moves and, guying and anchoring requirements to make room for new cable attachments.
- Able to effectively account for all information that is required to attach to a pole and complete all necessary measurements and photos.
- Experience in estimating existing utility locations.
AFL Telecommunications LLC looks for a Field Engineer / Data Collection in San Jose, CA location.
How much Data Engineer professional earns at AFL Telecommunications LLC?
The proposed salary for Data Engineer position at AFL Telecommunications LLC is Not disclosed.
Field Engineer / Data Collection responsibilities at AFL Telecommunications LLC
According to the common industry standard, Data Engineer specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Engineer qualifications at AFL Telecommunications LLC
To be disscussed with candidate