Robotics Applied Scientist Intern
$ Not disclosed
- Currently Enrolled in Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, robotics, or machine learning
- Theory and practice of designing experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience in machine learning, algorithms and computational complexity
- Experience implementing algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code Skills with Java, C++, R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting or programming languages
- Experience solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
Robotics Applied Scientist Intern (Westborough, North Reading MA)
Are you a MS or PhD student interested in the fields of Computer Vision, Robotics, Machine Learning and Deep Learning and capable of diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with insightful solutions that enable successful products? Are you unafraid of taking on a mind-bending challenge that really will improve peoples` lives in a meaningful way? Would you love to get access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale machine learning systems? Are you a finisher who can deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex, real-world problems in ways that delight customers?
If this describes you, come join the Computer Vision teams at Amazon Robotics. Our teams are using computer vision, machine learning, and real-time and distributed systems to create solutions for problems that impact millions of people. A Computer Vision Scientist at Amazon Robotics will translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept. Comfort with a high degree of ambiguity and ability to solve problems that haven’t been solved to scale before are essential.
Amazon Robotics is seeking talented and motivated interns to develop solutions for controling and optimizing mobile-robotic fulfillment systems used by Amazon.com operations. Our problems span autonomous movement, object identification, grasping, path planning, and action understanding. This position will report to the Amazon Robotics functional manager most closely aligned with the candidate’s skillset and project work. Each intern will have an assigned technical mentor throughout the internship, as well as 1-1 guidance from their manager, and will work closely with other engineers.
Amazon Robotics internship opportunities will be based virtually or in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 or more consecutive weeks with start dates between May and June 2021.
- · Currently Enrolled in Ph.D in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Math, Statistics or related fields with specialization in Computer Vision, robotics, machine learning
- Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of Computer Science Algorithm development experience and understanding of computer vision algorithms
- Technical fluency; comfortable understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Publications at conferences or journals
- Experience with deep-learning technologies or robotics
- Critical thinking skills
- Comfortable presenting your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
- Specific computer vision skills in object detection, recognition, 3D computer vision, and/or tracking
- Experience leveraging and augmenting large code base and computer vision/machine libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions
- Experience delivering production computer vision systems. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Get the book