Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Data Analyst – Medscape Education
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Data Analyst for our Education business unit. Medscape develops and hosts a physician portal and related mobile applications that make it easier for physician and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
Do you love data and creating processes and automations that make a difference for the business and improving healthcare? Are you strong in data management, analytical, communication, and problem solving? Do you like to get into the weeds with details of data and processes? If your answers to these questions are yes, you may be the perfect candidate for the Data Analyst role for our Education business unit. You must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive, detail-oriented and identifying opportunities for automation and process improvement.
The Data Analyst reports to a Sr Data Analyst, for Medscape’s Education business and will be responsible for analysis and reporting of online education initiatives targeting Medscape’s physicians and healthcare professional members. In addition, this role will provide various Web Traffic and Membership analysis, actionable insights and the evolution and management of various KPIs. The Data Analyst will be responsible for developing dashboards and automated processes in order to collect, mine and report on this data. The role will have cross-functional and cross-divisional responsibilities to provide various stakeholders, including Sales, Audience Engagement, Outcomes, Marketing, Product and CME Compliance teams, with results-oriented data and performance metrics.
- Devise methodologies for and perform analysis on web traffic, membership behavior, and product performance.
- Understand our online transactional processing systems, enterprise data warehouse, and data models
Work with business stakeholders to verify and release new reporting products and manage the review and investigation of defects
- Further develop Medscape’s proprietary data reporting tools and processes to ensure the short- and long-term needs are met
Analyze activity data, provide assessments of trends, and position activity metrics to meet external objectives
Provide data and dashboard support for externally-facing metrics reports measuring overall educational activity performance and impact
- Work with internal Medscape teams to improve database logic for internal tools and improve reporting capabilities.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; a concentration in Econometrics, Information Systems, Computer Science or scientific, mathematical or data intensive field of study is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Experience in data modeling, data warehouses, and business intelligence platforms.
- Must be proficient in SQL with the ability to write complex queries against an enterprise data warehouse to summarize and provide analytics and insights
- Proficient in Python with the ability to use it for scripting and analysis/statistical modeling.
- Experience with tools used for data processing such as Linux, Shell, Cron, etc.
Have an understanding in Data Science methodology and techniques. Experience in Data Science is a big plus but not required.
Experience with industry recognized business intelligence/data visualization tool(s) such as Tableau (or Microstrategy, Looker, Power BI, SAP Business Object, Domo, and Qlik,).
Ability to balance long-term strategic planning with tactical analytical & reporting requests
Strong analytical skills combined with proficiency in understanding, representing, and communicating data-driven analysis to various departments by taking data and telling a story
- Creative thinker who can utilize existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way
As a federal contractor, we must comply with federal guidelines for COVID19 Vaccine requirements. Testing to opt-out is not permitted. If you have an exemption request, those will be evaluated by an outside consultant on a case by case basis.
WebMD looks for a Data Analyst in New York, NY 10014 location.
How much Data Analyst Jobs professional earns at WebMD?
The proposed salary for Data Analyst Jobs position at WebMD is Not disclosed.
Data Analyst responsibilities at WebMD
According to the common industry standard, Data Analyst Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Analyst Jobs qualifications at WebMD
To be disscussed with candidate