Customer Data Analyst
$ Not disclosed
Join SoCalGas today and share our vision of becoming the cleanest natural gas utility in North America. Headquartered in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, we deliver affordable and increasingly renewable energy to 22 million customers across central and Southern California.
This position serves as an important resource for data- based insights related to customers. Responsible for querying data and providing meaningful displays of findings to support customer facing areas such as marketing, outreach and communication, in order to aid in their understanding of diverse customer population and their engagement with our services/programs. Utilizes querying and data manipulation techniques to acquire data from various siloed databases for various purposes, such as supporting communications with customers and key performance reporting. Provides information relevant to customer targeting and campaign effectiveness, as well as other relevant customer metrics, and collaborates across departments in order to align data presentment and other outcomes with client data needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Education, Certifications, Licenses and Experience:
- Utilizes advanced data manipulation techniques while extracting, querying, transforming and loading data as needed in support of various reporting and analysis needs.
- Performs data analysis of information gathered and develop recommendations/actions to be taken based on the applicable information. Analyzes data / information and creates data visualization, reporting and presentation of insights developed through the analysis.
- Acts as a point of contact with a wide range of clients regarding business problems as they relate to analytics. Handles client expectations related to schedule/timeline for analytics related efforts.
- Presents insights and data through written and data visualization. Leads department and team level presentations on data insights.
- Works effectively and collaborates with other team members and across the organization.
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of technical developments in the field of data analytics.
- May include on call responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, data analytics, or social science is required. Equivalent training and/or experience may be substituted for degree.
- 3+ years of professional experience related to analytical activities is required.
Benefits We Offer:
- Strong analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills and ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage data acquisition from multiple sources, and analysis.
- Business acumen, technical knowledge and knowledge in applications (e.g., SQL, SAP) and technologies.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams independently.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Ability to identify and draw on analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and insights to client issues.
- Must be able to write and present clear and efficient insights developed through the analysis.
- Experience with PowerBI or other Business Intelligence tools is preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, YouTube Analytics, or other Marketing Analytics toolsets is preferred.
- Knowledge of Social Media reporting and analytics is preferred.
- Knowledge of census, demographics, and other customer communications data is preferred.
- Beginning knowledge of modeling data-based tendencies to help predict customer attributions for communications is preferred.
SoCalGas offers a comprehensive, flexible benefits program to help support employees both personally and professionally. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental and vision packages
- 401K company match
- Pension Plan
- Tuition / education reimbursement
- We also offer tools and resources through SoCalGas University, our career development center.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Get the book
SoCalGas looks for a Customer Data Analyst in Los Angeles, CA 90013 location.
How much Data Analyst professional earns at SoCalGas?
The proposed salary for Data Analyst position at SoCalGas is Not disclosed.
Customer Data Analyst responsibilities at SoCalGas
According to the common industry standard, Data Analyst specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Analyst qualifications at SoCalGas
To be disscussed with candidate