$ Not disclosed
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process technology offerings serving customers in various application areas including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing, Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history. Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit www.samsung.com/us/sas.
SAS is focused on being the World’s Best Foundry product supplier.
Role and Responsibilities
- Our company creates some of the world’s most high-tech semiconductor processors, including CPUs, GPUs, and IoT sensors.
- We are currently in search of a data scientist that is proficient in gathering data from various sources, cleaning and transforming data, and using statistics and modeling to drive business decisions.
- In this role you would function as part of a high performing team that uses data to drive factory decisions, automate internal customer analysis, and track factory performance.
- What You’ll Do:
- Data analytics (finding insights and trends in our data)
- Programming (modeling business analysis, improving existing codebase)
- Share findings with internal customers (site-wide and within department)
- Propose novel solutions for improving the status quo (research new methods)
- What You’ll Need:
- Strong experience with SQL (selecting data from multiple databases, using joins and apply’s, aggregates)
- Coding with Python and familiarity with popular libraries (numpy, scipy, pandas)
- Understanding of statistics and analysis techniques (parametric & nonparametric modeling)
- Experience with analytical visualization tools (Tableau, Spotfire or popular visualization libraries)
- Ability to summarize results to a broad range of audiences
- Ability to learn quickly and keep deadlines while applying good design principals
- Consistent communication and teamwork skills
- What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Semiconductor process knowledge (specifically defect domain knowledge: detection, classification, quantifying yield impact)
- Experience with machine learning libraries (Tensorflow / Pytorch) and data modeling techniques.
- Familiar with Jupyter Hub or Jet-brains IDEs
- Why You’ll Enjoy Working Here:
- Interaction with leading-edge tech manufacturing that produces TBs of data daily
- Collaboration with a small, highly motivated team to develop and implement new ideas
- Bonus programs
- Great Benefits (employer matched 401k, medical, dental, extensive PTO)
- Amenities (soccer field, 2 gyms, full court basketball / tennis courts, Frisbee golf, walking trails)
- Height Adjustable Standing Desk
- Subsidized lunches
- Work days and hours: 1st-Shift / M-F, 8am to 5pm.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S or M.S Engineering Degree.
- 2-5 years of Data Science experience (school or work experience).
- Proficient with Python, SQL, and data manipulation is required.
- Fundamental understanding of statistical techniques.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, initiation, & troubleshooting skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to develop and create scalable systems.
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or [email protected] for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.
Get the book
Samsung Electronics looks for a Data Scientist in Austin, TX 78754 location.
How much Data Scientist Jobs professional earns at Samsung Electronics?
The proposed salary for Data Scientist Jobs position at Samsung Electronics is Not disclosed.
Data Scientist responsibilities at Samsung Electronics
According to the common industry standard, Data Scientist Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Scientist Jobs qualifications at Samsung Electronics
To be disscussed with candidate