- Two years of work experience in the areas of business or systems process analysis with a BA/BS (in a related field, preferred). Four years of work experience in the areas of business or systems process analysis with a non-related BA/BS.
- Demonstrated experience performing data analysis and using analytical tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets)
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience collaborating with diverse, cross-functional groups and communicating effectively with multiple types of stakeholders
- Master`s degree in the areas of business or systems process analysis
- Experience conducting IT/software training
- Experience with business process anaylsis and process improvement
- Experience with work management software (e.g. Asana, Monday.com, Nifty)
- Experience writing technical documentation
- Experience working in a university setting
University Data and Institutional Reporting
Job Code: Information Technology Professional 2-Business Intelligence & Data Analysis (9702BI)
The Data Analyst is a member of University Data and Institutional Reporting (UDIR) within Institutional Analysis. The position works with the UDIR team and members of collegiate administration to perform analysis projects and maintain information systems supporting management and policy decisions for a wide range of areas - including student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, process assessment, enrollment management, student services, financial systems, human resources, retention/graduation, and donor relations. The analyst connects with end users, conducts staff and faculty training, and creates and maintains technical documentation. University colleges, departments, administrative units and partners depend on our analytic staff to provide reliable data, insightful analysis, and quick responses.
Perform ad-hoc analyses and produce reports, publications, and other output (60%)
- Conduct analyses and produce data, reports, presentations, and electronic content to disseminate findings.
- Communicate results of analyses to appropriate audiences.
- Respond to data requests from University of Minnesota staff, faculty, administrators, surveys, partners, and public inquiries.
Develop, implement, and maintain data collections and information systems (30%)
- Assist in the further development, implementation, and maintenance of collegiate information systems.
- Write and maintain technical documentation supporting UDIR systems.
- Assist in stewardship of UDIR’s query repository, including the maintenance of query definitions, parameters, logic, validation, and documentation.
- Assist in the creation of new information systems in areas such as student recruitment, enrollment, financial aid, student services, retention/graduation, and donor relations.
Information and communications coordination (10%):
Get the book
- Work as first contact for incoming project requests, weighing incoming tasks against existing workloads, triaging assignments and liaising with our partners.
- Represent the unit at administrator meetings, collegiate committees and task forces, University-wide committees, and to external partners and agencies.
- Train staff, faculty and partners on UDIR reporting tools.
- Provide support and consultation to IA Administration as needed, e.g., writing reports, data analysis, etc.
- Develop and maintain liaisons with other University staff and outside organizations.
University of Minnesota looks for a Data Analyst in Minneapolis, MN location.
How much Data Analyst Jobs professional earns at University of Minnesota?
The proposed salary for Data Analyst Jobs position at University of Minnesota is Not disclosed.
Data Analyst responsibilities at University of Minnesota
According to the common industry standard, Data Analyst Jobs specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Analyst Jobs qualifications at University of Minnesota
To be disscussed with candidate