It’s a new day in healthcare!
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health.
Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster? Interested in generating analytical insights that inform provider networks and engagement strategies that support members on their individualized health and wellness journey? Aetna`s Provider & Network Analytics team delivers strategically impactful programs and tools that expand convenient access to high-quality and affordable care for all members across multiple channels across all stages of life.
At Aetna, we’re pioneering a total approach to health and wellness. As a Data Scientist on the Analytics & Behavior Change team, you’ll build industry-leading analytics, data, and technology platforms to help reimagine health care. This position will play a critical role within a cross-functional team, delivering powerful solutions that inform network strategy and design, improve network performance and provider engagement, develop new provider offerings, and enhance consumer experience.
You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative, collaborative team, helping solve problems, drive impact, and deliver key insights to our customers by leveraging innovations in data science, machine & deep learning, and predictive modeling techniques. You will derive meaning from data and deploy robust solutions through provider-directed engagement channels (e.g., digital) that helps consumers identify affordable care, when they need it, and with whom.
- Participates in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Solves moderately complex analytical problems.
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems, utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
- Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
- Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements.
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- 3 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to present information to various audiences.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Master`s degree preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
Get the book
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.