This program is a 10-week full-time opportunity that starts on June 6th, 2022 and will end on August 12, 2022.
Location: NY- New York City, MA-Wellesley
We are Americas leading health solutions company (Fortune #4), delivering care in ways no one else can. Our purpose is simple and clear: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
Analytics & Behavior Change is an innovation engine supporting the entire CVS Health organization (Aetna health care business, retail, and pharmacy services) by embedding deep insights into key decision processes and focusing on our biggest, most complex problems. We partner with business leaders throughout the organization using advanced analytics tools, modeling, and machine learning to generate insights by using data to create meaningful impact. We`re focused on creating new opportunities that drive change across the enterprise in areas such as:
- Customer experience and behavior change
- Clinical trial recruitment and engagement
- Digital health
- Provider efficiency and effectiveness
- Patient safety
- Health care cost savings
- Clinical services/care management
- Fraud, waste, and abuse detection/prevention
We are inspired to make a difference through data by making health care human-centered and connecting people to the information they need to feel the joy of achieving their best health. Our opportunities in Data Science and Data Engineering are designed to enhance your personal and professional growth and build the skills that lead to success. Analytics & Behavior Change has the feel of a startup within one of the nation`s largest companies, and we`re looking for people who are motivated by solving tough challenges to join us in transforming health care….one line of code at a time.
What you will do:·
- Work with analytics teams and our business partners to understand their goals and objectives
- Use programming skills, predictive/statistical modeling and analysis to analyze large volumes of structured and unstructured data, determine analytical approaches, and evaluate potential outcomes
- Generate insights connecting analytical results with business problems/goals and present recommendations to internal teams and business partners
- Help design programs/campaigns to improve the quality of health care, lower costs, and help our members and customers achieve their best health
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
- Meet educational requirements (see Education section)
- Knowledge of data science techniques including statistical analysis and modeling
- Experience in R or Python and SQL
- Internship or work experience in a related field
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present technical concepts and implications in a clear and concise way to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Currently pursuing a Master`s or PhD degree in a program relevant to the position (Examples include: Data Science, Statistics/Biostatistics, Mathematics)
- Anticipated graduation date between December 2022 and August 2023
- Undergraduate degree in a technical or quantitative area of study
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
Get the book
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.