Associate Data Engineer
$ Not disclosed
Our corporate analytics group is looking for an Associate Data Engineer to join our growing team.
Data engineering is the aspect of data science that focuses on practical applications of data collection and analysis. This role primarily will become proficient with all internal & external data sources. The engineer will understand where the data is, basic data models and architecture, how to access and obtain data and how to manipulate and work with data to produce output – which may be reports, datasets or self-service reports.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
- With oversight, provides support to complex business/technical processes and tools for multiple products, requiring the use of technical solutions across multiple departments or lines of business.
- Able to work independently with guidance and direction as appropriate.
- Has aptitude to develop and learn multiple technical business systems enterprise wide.
- Develop data and reports for field and customers to clearly articulate value to agent partners and customers.
- Provide timely and accurate analytical support to team supported, ensures results are validated to ensure accuracy.
- Develop an understanding of business processes and the P&C Insurance business to translate requirements into analytical reporting.
- Summarize information and effectively communicate analyses in writing and verbally to internal partners. Frequent communication with teammates and internal business partners will be necessary to succeed in this role.
- Participate in the development of innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential
- Interviews business users to obtain data requirements for applications.
- Collect, analyze, and report data to meet customer needs.
- Participate in the development of new tools and process enhancements to enable new capabilities and solutions to drive business value.
- Assist in various projects, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving business environment
- Establishing relationships with one or more business partners by building knowledge of business processes/drivers and technical systems.
- Document processes to allow for consistent approach to future initiatives
- Proactively research and apply Best Practices to technology solutions.
- Participating in the development of prototypes for various reporting, system and tools.
- May develop code, tests, debugs and document working data and analytics systems to demonstrate the business value.
- May apply proven data management techniques, application development methodologies and other technologies to produce comprehensive prototype solutions
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance in a related field such as Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or Information systems
- 1+ years of related analytical experience required, including but not limited to:
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Strong business and financial acumen, has the aptitude to learn
- Intellectually curious, self-motivated and organized
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires knowledge of programming and scripting languages related to data and integration.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents:
To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
Get the book