Data Science Intern Summer 2022
$ Not disclosed
- Master`s degree (or Bachelor`s degree 3+ years of experience) in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
- 1+ years of experience working as a data scientist or a similar role involving data extraction, analysis, statistical modeling, and communication
- 1+ years of experience using data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab, etc.)
- MS in Data Science, Statistics, Operations Research, or in highly quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Operations Research, Systems Engineering, Physics), or BS with 3 years of experience.
- Programming experience in Python, R or equivalent
- Background in applied statistics or machine learning
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
The Amazon Robotics (AR) Virtual Systems Profiling team builds models, runs simulation experiments and delivers analyses that are central to understanding performance of the entire AR system, e.g. operational and software scaling characteristics, bottlenecks, robustness to “chaos monkey” stresses -- we inform critical engineering and business decisions about Amazon’s approach to robotic fulfillment.
We seek a talented and motivated engineer to tackle broad challenges in system-level analysis. You will work in a small team to quantify system performance at scale and to expand the breadth and depth of our analysis (e.g. increase the range of software components and warehouse processes covered by our models, develop our library of key performance indicators, construct experiments that efficiently root cause emergent behaviors). You will engage with growing teams of software development and warehouse design engineers to drive evolution of the AR system and of the simulation engine that supports our work.
This role is a 3-month internship to join AR full-time (40 hours/week) from May 2022 to August 2022. Amazon Robotics internship opportunities will be based in the Greater Boston Area, in our two state-of-the-art facilities in Westborough and North Reading, MA. Both campuses provide a unique opportunity for interns to have direct access to robotics testing labs and manufacturing facilities.
- Experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in data science and data analysis
- Desire to pursue challenging questions through extensive operational and data analysis (experience to do data analysis, regression analysis)
- Demonstrated outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience giving data presentations with graphical or data visualization tools Preferred qualifications Comfortable in a Linux environment Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), e.g. DynamoDB, AuroraDB (MySQL), S3, SQS, SNS, EC2
- Interest in and experience with experimental design
- Experience with creative problem solving and getting things done
- Experience with ROS, OpenCV, or PCL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Get the book