Data Analyst Internship (Fall 2021)
$ Not disclosed
Data Analyst Intern
This role will be a member of our Research Team. Our Data Analyst Intern will have an interest in and some course work in any of the following areas: statistical methods, computer science, machine learning, survey methods and evaluation techniques.
A successful candidate will have to be a self-starter with a passion for precision, while being comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This position reports to the Associate Head of Research. Given the complex nature of the questions we are working on, the ideal candidate will be relentlessly curious. As a member of our Research Team, you will be participating in a variety of projects:
- hands on experience conducting and analyzing qualitative research,
- helping to design and implement experiments and evaluating results,
- prescriptively and descriptively using machine learning,
- conducting content and message testing and evaluation,
- learning to craft Python or R code to clean, analyze and visualize data,
- supporting programmatic team data needs as they arise (such as data cleaning and visualization)
We are dedicated to creating an organization that reflects the diversity of the country we serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members, or allies of the LGBTQIA+ communities, differently abled people and others who are underrepresented to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES - IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN
- Communicating test results externally to partner organizations and to the internal team. You will articulate what worked, what didn’t, and where further research is needed.
- Collaborating on the design, implementation and evaluation of tests and experiments (both online and in the field), quasi-experimental studies, and qualitative evaluations.
- Analyzing the results of these evaluations, including, where possible, conducting subgroup analyses to understand differential impacts by group (e.g., race, gender, age).
- Qualitative research using free and paid online tools.
- Using machine learning and statistical analysis to derive and analyze results, including literature scans, research overviews, detailed result write-ups, succinct one-pagers, and presentations.
- Tracking and executing various project work streams simultaneously, sticking to timelines, troubleshooting, and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Working cross-functionally to understand and support data needs.
QUALIFICATION & SKILL SETS
Research experience in quantitative methods.
- Willingness to work with coding languages like Python or R for machine learning and statistical analysis
- Ability to embrace cleaning and working with raw and messy administrative, and survey data.
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and clearly detailing next steps with our partners, while speaking clearly, and concisely.
- Time-efficient. Our organization’s ambitions are lofty. Because of that, the Research Director will have a substantial amount of work on their plate each day. The only way the Research Director will be able to complete their workload each day is through completing tasks quickly.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and developing voter turnout innovations that both boost turnout and reduce disparities in who votes.
Interest in gaining experience
Get the book
- SQL proficiency for data querying and processing.
- Python or R expertise
- API programmatic experience.
- Organizing experience: Political or legislative campaign experience or experience as an organizer for grassroots / nonprofit groups would be an asset to this role.
- Background in marketing analytics, political data analysis, or behavioral science: We utilize behavioral science research and insights, thus any experience in marketing analytics, political data analysis, or behavioral science or data science is a huge plus.
looks for a Data Analyst Internship (Fall 2021) in Y, AK location.
How much Data Science Internship professional earns at ?
The proposed salary for Data Science Internship position at is Not disclosed.
Data Analyst Internship (Fall 2021) responsibilities at
According to the common industry standard, Data Science Internship specialist is in charge for the following activities.
Required Data Science Internship qualifications at
To be disscussed with candidate